Tuesday 13 April 2010

Bird Poo Etching/ Damage

I had my car groomed, detailed and sealed with AG HD Wax in Jan' 10, this wax is really good stuff but kinda overpriced in SG. If i had gotten a SV boutique wax, the entry range Onyx wax is still cheaper by around $40 but being a avid Autoglymer, i went for the 40 years of R&D wax from AG, btw this was the 3rd pot of HD wax and still no SV wax... maybe SV wax will be next on my "Must have item" list.

What/ where does the HD in AG HD wax affect the end result?? I can't really tell the difference with my naked eyes. IMO, it's really more to the surface preparation work that affect the clarity of the end result but i liked the gloss and deep lustre that the HD wax offered over other LSP, but maybe because it was retailed at that price, somehow i feel good when i use it... hmmm... and the water beading are great, water beads are still round and tight after many washes.



Here comes the thing that upset my day, i came back late from the movie and there were no more lots in the MSCP, hence i parked in the open carpark (most of the time i parked under shelter in MSCP) and the birdy shit on my car. I saw the bird poo the next day at noon period when i was on my way out to work. The bird poo had dried up after about 4-5 hrs of baking under the scorching sun.


I went to work place and washed the car, while the bird poo was washed but the damage was already done, the clear coat had swelling and the etched mark left was very prominent. I was piss and proceed to get my tools for the paint correction on the affected panel. Paint readings were took and i proceed with care on the correction work.

Miraculously, i managed to remove the bird poo etched mark in my first round of correction... that left me pondering whether did the HD wax help in the situation. After cleaning the corrected panel, i waxed the panel again.

This was the corrected panel after buffing out the wax.

A closer view... before the paint correction work (below picture) ...

and after the paint correction...

Till now i have yet to come across a LSP that can effectively protect the paintwork against bird poo etching. If you spot one on your car, get it remove in the earliest shortest time safely. Thank you for viewing this post, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment